In this episode of Easy Upgrades, Malcolm will introduce you to Teff, the smallest grain in the world. Teff is a gluten-free grain with a great nutrient profile that can be fermented and cooked to create breads, wraps, and flatbreads!
1. Grind 1 cup of Teff to a flour & place in a mixing bowl.
2. Add 1/4 cup of starter i.e. whey, or water from fermented pickles or sauerkraut.
3. Add 3/4 cup water.
4. Stir all ingredients with non-metal utensil.
Cover with cloth or cheesecloth, and let ferment 2-4 days and be sure to stir the mixture a couple times per day as it ferments. Leave out, in room temperature (the warmer, the less time it will take to ferment).
1. Separate what you want to use for the day, and if you want you can thin it out by adding a little bit more water and give it a stir to create an even and consistent batter. (The remaining fermented Teff now acts as a mother that will continue to ferment, and you should add more ground Teff to it to continue producing more. Simply repeat the steps of stirring the mixture several times during the day while letting it ferment).
2. Heat and lightly grease a non-stick pan (medium-high heat).
3. Pour batter into pan and cover.
4. Once first side is cooked through, flip and cook the other side.
Enjoy as a pancake, flatbread, naan, or wrap.
For more Easy Upgrades, visit https://www.youtube.com/user/thelightcellar.
Want To Learn More About Fermentation?
Here Are The 12 Fermentation Courses With Malcolm Saunders & Dr. Terry Willard
Here At The BodyMind Institute
Buy All 12 And Save 40%!
Malcolm Saunders’ mission is to deeply connect people to their food. He has worked in the field of food and nutrition for 20 years and is the owner & creative visionary of The Light Cellar. Malcolm is a public speaker and intuitive chef who specializes in sharing the alchemy of superfoods and superherbs. Through his videos, workshops and seminars he has helped thousands of individuals recreate their relationship to food. He has an expertise and passion for creating and teaching others how to make energizing and healing foods, including raw chocolate, elixirs and ferments. Malcolm’s desire is to inspire others to live and eat from a space that honours the sacredness of all Life, illuminating the power of influence our food choices have on ourselves, other beings, and the planet we live on. Malcolm has created events and shared the stage with world-renown speakers, including David Wolfe, Daniel Vitalis, Sandor Katz, Nadine Artemis, Dr. Terry Willard, and more. You can find him online at malcolmsaunders.com
Dr. Terry Willard
Recreate Your Relationship With Food: Video Interview with Dr. Terry Willard
Easy Upgrades – How To Add Nutrition To Grains (Video)
Easy Upgrades – Ginger Ale as a Probiotic Tonic Soda (Video)
Tongue-to-Bum Part 7: The Large Intestine – Microbiome and The Last Watering Hole
The Guide to Fermentation Part 5: Microbiome
Beet Kvass (Video)
The guide to Fermentation: Pickled Vegetables
Join Our 7-Day Full Board Certification Immersion Trial
15hrs Of Sample Lessons From ALL 17 Courses!
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call Our Team at 1-888-787-8886 (M-F, 11am-7pm EST)