The best place to start is in your kitchen. Let’s go on a little tour together. Start by opening your kitchen cupboards. What’s the first thing you see? Half-eaten chip bags, cereal boxes, and stacks of canned goods? Don’t worry, you are not alone, and I have some super easy solutions for you. Let’s do this together!
1. 2 to 3 hours of free time.
2. A label maker with a large amount of ribbon or a roll of masking tape and a black sharpie (permanent marker).
3. 24 quart (liter) sized mason jars or glass jars with lids.
4. 24 pint (2-cup) sized mason jars with lids.
5. 24 cup sized mason jars with lids.
6. 20 clear glass spice-sized jars. Here is a search link for a variety of jars.
7. A great attitude with lots of enthusiasm for getting organized. I’m getting excited just thinking about your pantry makeover.
1. Start by taking everything out of your cupboards or pantry where you store your food and spices.
2. Throw away anything that is more than 6 months old or that you don’t recognize or won’t eat. This includes oils as they go rancid easily (especially olive oils). If you feel like you are wasting food, think about the waste you are putting in your body. Which do you choose? A landfill or a sluggish body?
3. Wipe down the shelves with some hot water and cleaning spray. (I use 1 capful of white vinegar or a squirt of natural dish soap in a bowl of hot water.)
4. Separate everything into categories:
1. spices, sweeteners, and flours
2. grains and cereals
4. nuts and seeds
5. oils and nut/seed butters
6. condiments: unopened mustard, coconut aminos, tamari, apple cider vinegar, etc.
7. superfoods: green powders, goji berries, cacao, protein powders, etc.
5. Put any of the foods you are keeping that don’t already have a glass jar or nice container into one of the mason jars you purchased. Label each one. (It is best to use a label maker but evenly cut pieces of masking tape are fine, too.) Be sure to put the date you purchased the item on the bottom of the jar (spices lose much of their freshness after 6 months).
6. Organize your jars into your cupboards or pantry in a way that makes the most sense to you. You can alphabetize the spices and put them in a separate drawer or cupboard near the blender or stove. Put the superfoods and things for smoothies in a cupboard or on a shelf above where your blender sits.
7. Take a break and pat yourself on the back! (Maybe snack on a few of your newly organized healthy snacks.)
8. Next, it’s time to tackle the refrigerator. Take everything out. That’s right, you heard me! Now get all the goop off the shelves and in the produce drawers. A clean fridge = the start to a clean, healthy body.
9.Throw out anything questionable. Even 1-day old leftovers start to grow bad bacteria and are not worth eating and can lead to a weakened immune system and poor gut health. Remember: Your body is not a garbage disposal!
10. Now it’s time to put it all back in an organized manner (see photo).
11. Do the same with the door of the fridge (see photo).
12. Save the freezer for another day, but make sure you get to it. You will feel so much better about your health, your kitchen and your life once you get this done.
Now remember to keep it this way, and enjoy being able to find your healthy foods easily.
1. How to get started on a plant-based (vegetarian) diet
2. 10 easy steps to go processed sugar-free
3. How to go 80% raw (even if it’s just for a week)
~ Professional Chef, Instructor and Detox Counselor at PureJoyAcademy.com, Lifestyle Counselor, Co-owner of Pure Joy Academy and Owner/Director of PureJoyPlanet.com Elaina Love began teaching raw food courses in 1998. She is a pioneer of low-glycemic and gourmet raw foods. She has created some of the recipes and everyday products which are used by professional raw chefs around the planet. Elaina has authored 3 popular recipe books, and is known for her “recipes that work!” In 2010, after 12 years of teaching, Elaina co-founded Pure Joy Culinary Academy. Since the academy opened, she has thoughtfully certified hundreds of students around the world. Each of these proud graduates now knows exactly how to be a raw food chef, and can instruct others around then–with an emphasis on Holistic Nutrition! Elaina has created the online "Raw Chef Certification" available exclusively here at the BodyMind Institute. Visit Elaina Loves' Pure Joy Academy here >
How to Learn Reiki: Do It For Yourself
MASTERCLASS: How To INCREASE Your Income As A Wellness Coach And Provider
You Really Are What You Eat!!
Checking and Storing Raw Food for Optimal Freshness
Ho, Ho, Oh, No. The Holidays Are Here!
What Is A Keto Vegan/Plant-Based Diet?
Easy Upgrades – Best Ever Bone Broth (Video)
Easy Upgrades – How to Make Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes (Video)
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.
Join Our 7-Day Full Board Certification Immersion Trial
15hrs Of Sample Lessons From ALL 17 Courses!
Questions? Email: email@example.com,
or call Our Team at 1-888-787-8886 (M-F, 11am-7pm EST)