Today is my intermittent fasting day. I fast 2x per week for 32-36 hours each time (or longer if I’m feeling like it). Sundays and Wednesdays are the best days for me.
1. I am getting very lean again, especially around my abs and waistline (yay!).
2. I am not as hungry on my fasting and non-fasting days, so I am eating less overall.
3. I feel happier and more energized all the time. It seems to me that the less I eat, the more energy I have.
4. I am choosing 90-100% raw foods most days as that’s all I am really craving now.
If you do give Intermittent Fasting (IF) a try, keep these general tips in mind: There are several kinds of IF. I do the all day fast, but I include green juice, so I’m getting maybe 100-200 calories a day.
My juice consists of Organic: celery, cucumbers, kale-chard-parsely-cilantro (pick 1), ginger (sometimes), and lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice. This should all be made fresh, not store-bought. See my video for more tips.
1. Drink plenty of water, tea or juice (even coffee--black--if you still drink coffee is okay in moderation…organic, of course). The key to fasting is keeping your belly full of liquids when you feel those hunger pangs.
2. Think of yourself as taking a break or healing your body vs. depriving yourself. Think about how you are reversing the aging process and getting rid of unwanted yeast, mold and fungus as well as stored fat every time you fast. The more positively you think about what you are doing, the more motivated you will be.
3. Read! Get on the internet and research intermittent fasting. There are so many great sites, which will tell you all the benefits you are gaining and why IF (intermittent fasting) is so great!
4. Keep busy. If you are just sitting around thinking about food you are way less likely to stay on the fast. However, if you schedule a yoga class, a walk with friends, or a trip out shopping, you will be less likely to go to the fridge for a fix.
5. Enjoy yourself! Think positive thoughts, pamper yourself with a home facial or a sauna or hot bath. Relax and take great care of your beautiful, precious Billion Dollar Body!
~ Professional Chef, Instructor and Detox Counselor at PureJoyAcademy.com, Lifestyle Counselor, Co-owner of Pure Joy Academy and Owner/Director of PureJoyPlanet.com Elaina Love began teaching raw food courses in 1998. She is a pioneer of low-glycemic and gourmet raw foods. She has created some of the recipes and everyday products which are used by professional raw chefs around the planet. Elaina has authored 3 popular recipe books, and is known for her “recipes that work!” In 2010, after 12 years of teaching, Elaina co-founded Pure Joy Culinary Academy. Since the academy opened, she has thoughtfully certified hundreds of students around the world. Each of these proud graduates now knows exactly how to be a raw food chef, and can instruct others around then–with an emphasis on Holistic Nutrition! Elaina has created the online "Raw Chef Certification" available exclusively here at the BodyMind Institute. Visit Elaina Loves' Pure Joy Academy here >
Dr. Terry Willard
BodyMind Performance Certification Webinar with Elaina Love On Simple Detox Strategies
How To Do An Enema?
You Really Are What You Eat!!
Checking and Storing Raw Food for Optimal Freshness
Ho, Ho, Oh, No. The Holidays Are Here!
What Is A Keto Vegan/Plant-Based Diet?
Easy Upgrades – Best Ever Bone Broth (Video)
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.
Join Our 7-Day Full Board Certification Immersion Trial
15hrs Of Sample Lessons From ALL 17 Courses!
Questions? Email: email@example.com,
or call Our Team at 1-888-787-8886 (M-F, 11am-7pm EST)