Sometimes I get hungry around midday, and I just cannot bear another green salad. I love all the raw ingredients that go in salads, but I sometimes just get tired of a forkful of greens. I’ve got a great way to make salads super easy, peasy and soo yummy!
Here’s my new lunch time favorite:
1. Take any mix of salad greens--Romaine, spring mix, sprouts, or just use all of them
2. Something fatty--either avocado or a sunflower pate or hummus (see recipe below).
3. Mustard or some kind of spicy sauce you have on hand
4. Sauerkraut--just a scoop
5. Something crunchy--like freeze-dried peas or dehydrated pumpkin seeds
6. Some chopped veggies like red bells, carrots, cucumbers, green onions (whatever is in the fridge)
7. Dulse pieces or flakes for extra minerals
Lay it all out in a nori sheet. It doesn’t matter what order or how you do it … be messy!
Then roll it all up into a roll, seal the edge with a little water, and cut it in 1/2.
Two rolls later you’ll be feeling like a rock star! Nom, nom, nom!
Nori Roll Wraps are so DEElish!
Thank you Katelyn Louise for reminding me that these are so fun and easy!
Raw Zucchini Hummus
2 medium zucchini, chopped
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup extra virgin (real) olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. high mineral sea salt such as Himalayan or Real Salt
1/4 tsp. Cayenne powder
1 1/2 tsp. Paprika powder
3/4 cup raw tahini (sesame butter)
1. Blend everything (except the tahini) until smooth.
2. Add the tahini and blend again.
3. Store in a glass jar for up to 7 days.